After enrolling, please sign the liability waiver below. If you have not yet read the risk assessment letter, please read this if you have any concerns about this waiver. Thank you!
RELEASE, WAIVER, AND PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT FOR MINORS/DEPENDENTS FOR OUTDOOR EDUCATION COURSES
1. Assumption of Risk – As the parent or guardian of the below named minor or dependent, I assume full responsibility for the decision for my child/dependent to participate in outdoor education courses (including nature studies, nature crafting, outdoor sports, adventure sports, or any event or hike organized by Discovery Wilderness School LLC) (the “Courses”) of Discovery Wilderness School. I acknowledge that participation by my dependent in the activities listed above may entail known and unanticipated risks, which could result in physical injury, death or property damage. I understand that such risks can not be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. These risks may also occur as a result of my dependent’s own actions, inactions or negligence, as well as actions, inactions or negligence of others, weather conditions, condition of equipment, condition of the facilities and grounds, natural disaster, national disaster, and any first aid emergency treatment which may be administered. There may also be other risks that are not foreseeable at this time.
2. Release – As part of the consideration for my dependent participating in the activity identified above, I release, discharge, and hold harmless Discovery Wilderness School LLC, any director, teacher, employee, or any person acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “DWS”) from all demands, causes of action, suits contracts, agreements, obligations, covenants, defenses, costs, liabilities and judgments, whatsoever, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, in contract or in tort, in law or in equity, which I might have against the DWS, arising from my child/dependent’s participation in the Programs.
3. Waiver and Indemnification – I hereby waive all claims and demands against the DWS for any loss, damage, injury (including death) or claim of any kind arising from, related to or caused by my dependent’s participation in the Courses and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the DWS from all loss, liability, damages, costs, and expenses (including actual attorney’s fees) arising from or related to same.
4. Photography/Video - In permitting my dependent to participate, I understand that my dependent’s photograph/video may appear on the website, facebook group, or brochures marketing DWS programs. I understand that there are no rights granted to me or my dependents to inspect or approve photographs/video prior to publication.
5. Term - I have read this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms. This Agreement shall be effective for all environmental education activities in which my dependent participates throughout the entire 2019-2020 school year. I freely execute this document.